IPPOSI is delighted to inform our members that in association with a number of education partners in Ireland, we will shortly be announcing a call for applications to the IPPOSI-led Patient Education Programme in Health Innovation. This 6-month blended learning education programme, the first of its kind in Ireland, is being piloted from Sept 2017 to Feb 2018, on a number of IPPOSI-relevant topics (see below).
Capitalising on IPPOSI’s continued leading role in the European Patients Academy in Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI) the pilot programme is specifically tailored for Irish patient communities.
The IPPOSI-led pilot programme will cover the following topics:
- Understanding Clinical Trials – delivered by the University College Dublin Clinical Research Centre
- Regulatory Affairs, Medicinal Product Safety, Pharmacovigilance and Pharmacoepidemiology – delivered by the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA)
- Health Technology Assessment principles and practices – delivered by the Dept. of Medicine & Therapeutics, Trinity College Dublin, in association with the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics (NCPE)
Applications will be accepted from:
- Employees/volunteers of patient organisations in the Republic of Ireland
- Patients with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is not affiliated with a patient organisation and who participates or intends to participate in projects / activities / committees etc. to represent his/her personal experience as a patient and/or the perspective of an informal group of patients
- Family member / carer (not affiliated with a patient organisation) of a patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who participates or intends to participate in projects / activities / committees/etc. to represent patients.
20 places are available on the pilot programme. The Call for applications will be announced shortly through IPPOSI mailing lists and newsletters.
Sign up to become an IPPOSI member to avoid missing out.